Thursday, September 18, 2014

Stuffed Bell Peppers (Advocare)

Here is an awesome Stuff Bell Pepper Recipe I found, I tweeked and I like!

http://www.shugarysweets.com/2013/01/santa-fe-stuffed-peppers

This is link of the original recipe.... but here I will explain what I did

  • 3/4 lb ground turkey breast ( I used Deer meat)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp cumin
  • 1 tsp kosher salt ( I did not use salt as we are lowering our sodium intake)
  • 1 can (28oz) Classico Crushed Tomatoes ( I just used canned tomatoes from Sam's)
  • 1 can (15.25oz) black beans, rinsed and drained( I didn't have any beans ...oppps)
  • 1 can (15.25oz) sweet corn, drained
  • 3 cup Jasmine Rice (cooked)( I used wheat rice...advocare baby)
  • 8 fresh Sweet Red peppers( I used GREEN Bell Peppers)
  • 1 cup reduced fat Colby Jack cheese( Didn't have Colby but I used reduce fat)
  • 2 green onions, sliced ( didn't have onions)
WHAT I ADDED that is not in this is KALE!!!! I used about 3 cups of kale! 

Here is the meat, corn, tomatoes and KALE mixture.

Here is after I added in the rice to the mixture 

Here is after I stuffed the bell peppers with the mixture 

 
 Here I added the cheese


and the finished product after cooking covered for 40 minutes at 350 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment