Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A brief visit to Alabama (4/17-4/20)

Back in February my Pappaw had a stroke, not long after he had another and was in the hospital then up until he passed away May 4, 2010. He was a wonderful pappaw, father, husband, uncle, dad and friend. Only time will heal the pain that our family is facing. Death is not easy to deal with, there are always questions...the only thing comforting to know is that there is a heaven and one day we will all be together again. We went for a brief visit back in April to see my pappaw and family. Little did I know that the last day when we said bye....sneaked mckenzie in the room, they sat him up and he smiled the biggest smile that I had seen in a long time that it would be last time I would see that smile. My heart breaks every time I see that smile in my head.

We also celebrated my Mammaw's birthday ...in the hospital (it was fun!)

When we left Birmingham, we made a trip through Opelika and visited with Jacob's family too. McKenzie was able to play with her cousin Sidney and eat IHOP! They had a great time together and hated to say bye :)






No comments:

Post a Comment