Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Montessori activity!






Since I am so fortunate to be able to stay at home with McKenzie, we have decided to put the time we have together to good use. My wonderful friend Missy has given us a great platform to get started on. The Montessori Method is a child-centered, alternative educational method based on the child development. Its method of education is characterised by emphasising self-directed activity, it is to stress the importance of adapting the child’s learning environment to his or her development level, and the role of physical activity in the child’s absorbing abstract concepts and learning practical skills.

Our first activity we tried today was moving beans from one bowl to the other from left to right, either using the spoon or her hands. She was occupied for at least twenty minutes moving the beans around. It was so cool to watch her concentrate on moving the beans on the spoon without spilling them! This was the first of many activities to come!!!

thanks Missy for all your help!!!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWW!!! Girl you are SO welcome!!! I just LOVE to share what I have learned with others and you and McKenzie are SO special to ME!! I'm so glad I could help you all!! Believe me you know I will always find "This one Website"!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Love Yall!!

    ReplyDelete